Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Brilliant I say. Brilliant!

--

Mcdonalds is handing out "ampao" envelopes (those red chinese-good luck envelope thingies) -- they suddenly reminded me of one of my closest friends Marco. Back in college, he lodged with me and my thesismates; since we still had class in the morning he'd ride with me to school and back. Leaving our friend's house and heading over to Mcdo for drive-thru breakfast was a routine we had for over 3 months. Not counting the times we'd go back to the drive-thru for dinner; we were able to collect a substantial amount of these "envelopes", and for some time we were saving a LOT of money really getting our "mileage" out of all the "ampao". So yeah, after seeing the ampao envelopes, Iris showed me these old pictures she took of my barkada + Iris's trip to Bolinao. Marco, if you're reading this come home you dawg!

DSC01161

Heading home.

DSC01157

Posing with my Piranhas.

DSC01153

DSC01096

Beached whale.

DSC01145

My favourite restaurant in the province. Jam Sweet Jam.

DSC01144

100 Island Tourist shot.

DSC01139

Dutch Beach Resort Bolinao, Pangasinan. Cheap. Beautiful. No corkage. Plus the dogs are hella cute!

DSC01120

Boy bonding.

DSC01097

Bading pic.

DSC01093

Ahhh. This is the life.

DSC01090

Sickest craziest bastard I've ever known.

DSC01092

Oh yeah, that's sand in his mouth!

DSC01086

He ends up puking out all of that squid afterwards! Haha!

DSC01085

More.

DSC01084

Model pose.

3 Comments:

Hahaha, memories! :)

I miss the good old days :)
Hello Jomz. I was researching on Dutch Beach Resort in Bolinao and your post came up. I was wondering if the beach pictures you had posted is the beach infront of the Dutch Beach Resort? I'm planning a trip with friends there and was wondering if that would be a nice choice to stay in..what can you say about the place? Is it affordable but clean and nice? How many people fit comfortably in one room? Thanks and would really appreciate your comments. -Gina
Hi Gina. Yes those were pictures taken in front of the Dutch Beach Resort. I highly recommend the place both because of its location (it has a beachfront) and the rates. There's a more popular spot right behind Dutch Beach Resort (I forget the name) which has a pool and I think better rooms. But if you're not too particular with "luxury" rooms (the rooms at the Dutch Beach Resort are very clean and they have running water in all the rooms, plus they offer to cook your food if you want to buy ingredients by the market).

They have a range of rooms from 2 to 3 person rooms to about 7 person "cottages" with living rooms.

You can email me for other questions too: jerome.wi [at] gmail.com

Add a comment