Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I was by Banawe today, had the car go through a routine check up. Anyway, so I was there with the mechanic cleaning the terminals of my computer box, I had to park by a "canal" because the stores in Banawe have only single paking lots right in front of their shops. Ironic for a place which is essentially the de facto hotspot for "gray-market-car-service/parts/etc.". So yeah, I was pretty bothered by the stench of the canal, so curious me takes a look at what the hell the water looked like (something told me that if it stank, it should look like something that stinks!), the next thing I knew I was staring down at a black-oozing stream of oil mixed with the canal-water. I mean it looked like an oil tanker tipped over! Apparently mechanics who service cars for change-oil jobs DUMP the oil from those jobs into the canal. Talk about polluted water. I can only feel sorry for whatever place that much oil goes to on a daily basis. I think it eventually filters out to the ocean, or something. Jeez. Crazy, really. I think there's this lucrative market for recycling used oil, these mechanics need to be told that.

--

I brought Iris and my brother to Cold Rocks at The Fort. It's this fancy ice cream joint which serves your typical foray of ice cream flavors (at least they had choco mint, my favourite) plus some pretty branded toppings. Fucking expensive I tell you! Iris got the smallest serving size cup, plus one choice for her topping, chocolate ice cream with Nestle Crunch topping, uhuh Chocolate on Chocolate, go figure haha! Cost me almost 150 pesos! That's a lot considering it's just ice cream! Not gelato, or some exotic mix. Their biggest size serving comes in a cup (which is actually the size of an upsized Mcdonalds drink) goes for around 699, I think. That's just obscene. I heard the place gets packed during the weekends. I'll stick to the gelato from Amici de Don Bosco. :)

--

Last Sunday was the first time I watched a La Salle vs. Ateneo game not being part of the Pep Squad. I thought I was going to enjoy sitting. I didn't. I was on my feet shouting on the top of my lungs 90% of the time. So yeah, it was fun. It was also fun seeing how some companies were taking advantage of the draw of the UAAP games by giving out free "stuff", plus this hat I got was pretty cool too! Check 'em out. :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I also have to buy the person who thought of the Half-time-show exit "thing" a beer, where the cheerleaders who performed on the floor did an "Arana-esque" exit. Yeah that technical-foul inducing "dance". :)

--

It's a House M.D night tonight. Watch watch watch! AXN! 10PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment