Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Monday, September 05, 2005

I keep on forgetting my car is color-coded (?) on Mondays. For people who don't live in the Philippines, due to the amount of traffic we have here in Manila, the government has this thing called "color coding", which basically prevents people from using their cars on certain days based on the last number of your plate number (now come to think of it, where's the color in the number-coding, hmmm, I think it should just be called number-coding). Anyway, so yeah, if for example your plate number ends in 1 or 2 you can't drive on Mondays, 3 or 4 Tuesday, and so on. Saturdays and Sundays are exempted from the NUMBER coding days. The whole thing works, actually, but with all the jeepneys , taxi cabs and tricycles we have around, it's pretty much pointless. Anyway so yeah, last year I think, the group of city governments decided to give leeway to people who have only one car. There's this number-coding window from 10AM-3PM wherein anyone (whose car is coded) can bring out their car and go wherever they want to. Except for some cities in the Metro (Makati and San Juan, I think) don't follow the "window", and people who are caught driving coded cars will still be apprehended. :) Fun!

So anyway, I went out today forgetting my car was coded. I think I passed three traffic aids who were practically screaming their butts off after attempting to hail me down. I think I can now write a book on escaping and evading MMDA aides, especially the traffic aides in Makati! Hehe!

So there.

0 Comments:

Add a comment