Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Neil Gaiman and Guildwars

Finally got my Neil Gaiman "stuff" signed last Monday over at Gateway. The numbers me and Pawie got last Saturday came pretty useful, too. Apparently if you lined up last Saturday and weren't able to have your stuff signed (I was number 580, Pawie was 588), you got priority status the next day, and whatnot. So there, I was bumped from being number 126 and my friend Pao from number 99 in the regular line to the "express" line. Woot. Stroke of luck, I tell 'ya. Some people were up at 5AM (sa Rockwell ata meron pang pumila 1AM of Saturday), and they got like number 20. FB Gateway cut off the stubs they were giving out to around only 150.

Anyhoo. We lined up at around 10AM, had my stuff signed at 4:30. Forgot I was coding, had to stick it out in Mcdo Commonwealth 'til 7 with my bro. And I remembered how I was when Neil was signing my books. I had this semi-kinda-60 second-dialogue which I had in mind. Didn't get to use it. Instead, I was there, in front of him, shook his hand, he asked me how I was, and I just stared, stared at the actual Mr. Gaiman. This guy created Shadow, one of my favourite characters in a book -- and he was there, making small conversation, signing the two books which have been foundations of my "fan-boy-ism" to comics and his books. All I could say was "yeah", "uh", "hmmm", "thank you very much". Fuck. Starstruck. Tangina. The next thing I knew, I was walking out the store, my friend Pao's digital camera in hand, and smiling. Tangina di ko man lang kinausap. Tsk. Oh well. He did as where I got my copy of American Gods. Hehe. Anyhoo. I think he's in Australia right now, I hope they treat him well and give him Tiger Balm.

Pictures!



This was the crowd at the Rockwell Tent. I could barely get into the door. I heard the signing went on 'til 1:30AM! Whew. Felt like a Sauna inside pare.



My pre-published un-corrected proof copy of American Gods



He wrote this nifty letter-thing on the front cover of this copy.



What he wrote for moi: "Jomz, A really rare one. From, Neil Gaiman"



Also had my copy of Stardust signed!

--

Guildwars. Badly addicted to the game. Here are some pictures from my adventures. Bismark died, and I decided to replace him with Salim! Salim the Shaved! Yeehaaw!!




This is Salim The Shaved! He's currently a level 13 (going on 14, 500 XP points more!) Warrior Monk. He likes to kick Charr ass and salvages almost anything he picks up. He has a hard time getting rid of things, and spends most of his time begging for ingots and hides for his unending quest for that perfect set of armor.



This is Salim adventuring with that pesky brat Gwen jumping around. Notice the gaudy armor!! Soooo BDSM!



During one of Salim's adventures. Notice the newer, meaner set of armor!



Me and random party members finishing a quest.



Tada. My newest attire! Doesn't look as mean as the second set, but this adds +10 to my armor rating, I think. So yeah. That's good.



Trying it out.

I'm liking the game a lot. I don't have to pay a monthly fee, just had to pay for the game, and I think the upcoming expansions don't come for free, either. So there.

Oh look I bumped into my cousin Orange (well her real name's Althea) in one of my adventures.



So there. Enough Guildwars love for tonight!



Buhbye now.

7 Comments:

Whee, so many pictures! :)

Hehehe, i have a blog friend who was sobrang starstruck rin when she went to the Neil Gaiman signing... but she had to guts to ask a hug from him! Hehehe!

Huhuhu.. guildwars...
Err.If I asked for a hug, baka kung ano isipin nun. Hehe! Plus ambaho ko na nun men! Buong araw pila, baka di na bumalik saken yun!
That's exactly how I felt when got Jenson Button's autograph!! haha...

Damn.. All you are making me jealous with guildwars.. damnnnn... If I buy, is there a particular version I should be looking for? Expansion? etc? Is it like UO? If I play will I get to play with you guys? ......... hmm Gunbound nalang kase!!!! hahahahahaha
Aw, Jenson Button. Memories! You won pa nga shades from the raffle diba chad? :P I remember that pa!

Hey buy na guild wars! :P Yah u can play with us, though I don't play as much. Si jomz addict!

Malupa, me, rog, jomz and artie are all in one guild, join that rin!

It's not like UO. It' more like Neverwinter, pero online :) If you're bored with quests, u can go PVP naman.

Next yr pa pala sila maglalabas ng expansion so just say Guild Wars sa pc shop and they'll know what it is na :)

Whew~ long comment!
What shades did you win? Where was this, diyan sa Canada? 'Stig, swerte.

Go buy guildwars, hopefully they stock stuff better over there than over here, I think I got one of the last copies sa Festival.
I won a pair of Oakley's! That was there in Manila! At The Fort! Where I joined the motorcade too! Haha -- Feeling "pormado" na car.. (super lowered).. Not to mention I also locked my keys in the car with the engine running as I was too excited AND I broke my A/C pulley too.

Anyway, yeah, I'll see if I can get a copy. I've seen a couple around here already. I'll try this weekend..
Lol! Oh yah! I remember you leaving ur keys inside ur car, bwahahaha :)

Chad come home na!

Add a comment