Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Monday, March 28, 2005

Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne shortage..

Apparently, there's a shortage of original copies for the Warcraft 3 expansion: Frozen Throne. Now that's a first. I was looking for one earlier just to play DoTA online. Grrr. I guess with DoTA's popularity these days (well almost every gamer I know plays it) people are actually opting to buy legit copy's just to play DoTA. I know I'm buying it for that, too. Hehe! Plus add to that, the games (Warcraft 3, and Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne) aren't as expensive as your typical legit copy. WC3 goes for less than 1 thousand and the expansion for even less than that, I think around 850 pesos. Not bad if you ask me. Typical games right now can go for as high as 2 thousand per copy.

Interesting Warcraft-related news: Last I heard World of Warcraft (WoW) has around 1.5 MILLION, yep, MILLION subscribers right now. So that's $50 for the game, $30 for a 60-day prepaid card. Hmm...Do the numbers. Blizzard has made $50 MILLION off of the game alone, and they earn around $ 45 Million every two months. WoW WoW Wee. That I think is in North America alone, I can't wait to see the numbers when they put up servers in Korea, Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines. Brrr...

The movie Alone in the Dark which is based on the game Alone in the Dark, is showing, it'll stink, I'm sure. Alien-vs-Predator (AVP) (brr, dare I mention this movie here) was also based on the game with the same title, stunk as hell (I can't even understand why they bothered to release a special-edition copy of the DVD). Plus there's a DOOM movie coming up, with Karl Urban (LOTR's Eomer) cast as the main character. Hay nako.

First comics. Now video games!

My cousin Tasha has recently been baking batches and batches of überly good brownies. Crunchy on the outside, soft and semi-wet inside. Yum. Diabetic. ME. Fuck. I've to stay away from her brownies. Hmmmm *sniff*sniff* I can smell them all the way from my room. Damn. Hmmm lemme just get some..

2 Comments:

I wanna buy orig W3 too! :P P850 na lang pala?
W3 is a bit more expensive, around a thousand ata. I was thinking of getting the battlechest nga eh since it has the strat guide (though I doubt I'll have any use for it, considering the amount of online-guides available), thing is pareho kase presyo. Pero pati yun ubos na. Huhuhu :(

DoTa tayo!

Add a comment