Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Wireless me and podcast pimping

Our wireless network here at home is finally fixed. I've had to deal with intermittent disconnections every hour for a whole month; having to call up the guys who sold me the router and the guys over at PLDT -- looking around for fixes to the problem. Anyway, it turns out the modem PLDT issued to me two years ago wasn't compatible with the router I have (plus it was getting a bit old). So they sent a DSL guy over last Friday and had him change the modem (freaking PLDT charges for the packaging material na pala now! Talk about cost-cutting. I had to sign a release form and the price of the box, wire, cd, etc. were clearly indicated there! Crazy!) Anyways, Voila! I've been surfing/downloading/blogging comfortably around the house (apparently the wireless signal reaches up to the front of our house all the way from my room on the third floor, coolness) since Friday. So there. It's nice knowing I can get all my downloads and podcasts done without having to worry about disconnections every now and then.

--

I've been listening to a lot of local AM radio lately. Well, I've actually ditched listening to local FM-radio stations completely since they all just sound the same, and play the same artists and their songs! Think having to listen to the same song every three hours.

Anyway. Yeah. AM radio just rules. I love learning about new stuff in politics, etc. from all these really credible (well they do sound credible, and some of the people who are on AM are reputable newscasters on TV) people. Now when I get to ride with our family driver, instead of him having to courteously turn to an FM station (like what he usually does when my brothers and cousins get driven around by him), we both enjoy the buzzing information from AM radio!

So onto something I've been into a lot lately. Podcasting. It's basically talk radio. Mumbo jumbo. Information overload. News. Culture. Brain Farts from the guy next door. Everything. And it's done by regular Joe's. And it's free! Uncensored, unbiased views on anything. And I've been practically addicted to it. I think I'm currently subscribed to about 20 podcasts. So yeah. So much for stating the obvious.

You don't have to own an iPod. Just download a Podcast aggregator which downloads the mp3's of the podcasts you like for you. I highly recommend iPodder, it's been the easiest to set up from the ones I've tried; and the user interface is pretty intuitive and all.

I just found two comic-related podcasts. Haven't really listened to them yet. One's done by the Collected Comics Library, checkout their podcast here, and the other one done by a couple of comicgeeks. For a bunch of podcast choices from whatever genre you fancy, head on over to podcastalley.

0 Comments:

Add a comment