Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Thursday, February 10, 2005

ukay-ukay

I've been reading a lot about people going to ukay-ukay's here in the Metro; but I've still to find out where these places are! The only ukay-ukay place I know of is in Baguio! Haha! Not that I'm hoping to find something to fit me in the local ukay-ukay's (find me size 13 shoes and I'll kiss you..) but I'd love to take Iris to one of those places sometime. So anyone know where the local, meaning within Metro Manila, ukay-ukay's are?

ukay-ukay is a place which has people selling "used"/"second-hand" or clearance items, I think. Much like a flea-market?

--

I'm off to my Endocrinologist Tita tomorrow. Yep. Getting my first insulin kit! Time to overcome my needle/syringe/anything-pointed-entering-my-skin-phobia. Tae. Diabetes sucks. Plus all the tikoy-boxes just had to come in today.

Tikoy is a form of pudding which is commonly seen around Filipino-Chinese/Chinese-Filipino friends houses during the Chinese New Year. What it essentially symbolizes, beats me. But it's supposed to be made of either brown or white sugar (brown sugar = brown tikoy white sugar = white tikoy)

Listening to: Takako Minekawa - WOOOG

2 Comments:

mmmm.... tikoy!!!
har har. I know. Meron ba diyan? Sa Chinatown kaya? I remember that grocery/bakery we went to, Wonder Bread or something..Hehe! Let K.Jason try it, or has he already?

We've so many flavors of Tikoy here (and here I was thinking that there was just White and Brown Tikoy!). The other day I saw some Pandan flavoured ones! Yum yum! *sigh* f-ing diabetes. Hehe

Add a comment