Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

s.f post

I went to San Francisco when I visited Marco in San Jose. S.F is a good 1 hour 45 minute train ride from San Jose -- a round trip ticket (SJ to SF) on the CALTRAIN cost us $11 ea. Pretty good considering not having to pay SF's crazy parking rates plus actually not having to deal with parking in SF (it didn't look that any parking slot was easy to get into or out of!). Anyway here's a bunch of pictures I took when we were there.

sfview

You ain't in Kansas anymore, boy. When I saw this, I knew I was in SF. I took this while we were on the train.

downtownsf

Here's what downtown SF looks like. This was a hard shot to take, as there was this big ass trolley coming behind me when I took this.

sfblond

This pizza joint is supposed to be very popular in the SF area. They had big, and I mean big (say the size of a big plate, and then some) servings, too. A couple of blocks later we run into Agot Isidro who was walking with her husband, I think. Hehe

pembassysf

The Philippine Embassy.

sfamoeba

You've gotta love Amoeba. ;-)

isotope

Isotope. Comics. James Sime. 'Nuff said.

fanboy

Larry Young. James Sime. Me. Kieron Dwyer.

isotopetoilet

Isotope's famous Toilet Seat Museum.

isotope2

More toilet seat goodness..

isotope1

Lounge. Toys. Books. Cool.

isotope3

Unconspicuously hidden *ahem* alcohol. View from the back to the front of the shop.

sf2

Later into the day, it got really cold so we headed down to the wharf. That's Alcatraz over there; most of the Alcatraz tours were cancelled for the day 'cuz it was just too freaking cold!

sf3

Me in my tourist-pose. Hehe! Notice everyone, 'cept for the bum behind me heading for the warmth of the shops.

hoot

While people headed for the restaurants. We grabbed some chowder, and went for the warmth of beers and the company of warm-people. Mwahaha! The happiest place on earth? Disneyland, eat your heart out. Sabi nga ni Marco (who is pictured with me) : "Tangina. Beer. Food. Sports. Boobs. The best. Haha"

And to people who know Marco personally, that IS him. Hehe! Talk about weight loss! And he used to weigh more than me -- post-diabetes weight loss, ha. Metal! (said ala-ROCK! but with the heavy Pinoy-street-slang accent) MEH-TAHL!

Listening to: The Pixies - Where is My Mind?

4 Comments:

"Tangina. Beer. Food. Sports. Boobs. The best. Haha"

Lolz. You guys talaga! ;p
Mwahahaha... ;-)
I'm fulla envy. San Francisco is a hip place indeed. And Isotope makes the whole trip worthwhile. Because James Sime has the BEST. HAIR. EVER.

I'm so glad to hear someone else say that it's frelling cold there, I thought it was just the Florida girl in me...
I'm Filipino, and we've got hot (think around 34C) weather all year round. It does get a bit chilly during the evenings, around 24C I reckon. But still, anyplace which goes below 10C, is COLD for us! Haha! We've place here called Baguio, which is high up the mountains -- anyway the weather there could be said to be somewhat like how SF is..during the AFTERNOON!!

I've fond memories of Florida, last time I was there was in '95 -- pretty good weather you guys have over there. Sunny, but not as humid (wet-sticky-humid) as here in the Philippines.

Yeah. ISOTOPE is the BOMB! Isotope and Amoeba made the trip worth it, plus that bum over at Golden Gate park who was selling us weed. Hehe!

Add a comment