Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Saturday, February 12, 2005

picture picture

Here's a post-load-of-pictures.

Iris took a couple of pictures with my camera during the concert she went to last night. Kjwon, Bamboo, and I think Spongecola headlined the concert last night. Wish I was there. Here's one of the pictures she took during Kjwon's set.

iriskjwon

Here're pictures of Iris's dog, Michiko. Now I've to take pictures of Tulip. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

michi

Michi pa-cute pose.

michi2

Michi artsy-snob pose.

michi3

Michi humping my leg. And she's a bitch, ha! Weird.

michi4

She probably noticed we were taking pictures of her, so she goes on posing.

michi5

And posing.

Lastly, here are the pictures I took when I visited Nucleus. They had a Ninja Art show going on when we were there (I think it wraps up today). So naturally I took pictures of my favourite pieces, and the shop, of course. I did have to turn off the flash on my camera (as a courtesy and I think store policy, too) -- so I think some of the pictures didn't turn out too well. It's all about the lighting baby. Tsk.

nucleuscashier

A shot of the cashier's POV. To the left of the picture you can see the toy section of the store, there's a stack of toys fronting the cashier, too. That stack of books you see to the right are mostly art-books, coffee-table books, and indie title-books. There was a lack, rather, NO Marvel, DC/Vertigo book in sight when I was there.

nucleusfrontdesk

Here's a view of the cashiee/front-desk with the shelf of mostly-quarterly-released-comic-artists' magazines; oh and next to that are the candy/food stuffs for sale. Cool, huh? The candies were mostly from Japan.

nucleuslounge

There was this comfy-lounge area ala-Isotope. Plus you can see the store-front display.

nucleusshelf

The Flight Vol.1 stack of books, Japanese-manga/anime-art books.

nucleusshelfbooks

That Cowboy Bebop movie-art book and Adrian Tomine Scrapbook had me drooling.

nucleusshelftoys1

Toys toys toys! Kubricks, Plush dolls, etc. etc. galore!

nucleusshelftoys

More toys.

nucleusshirts

Nucleus' hip and artsy selection of shirts. One of their, I guess, selling points as there was a couple of people who were busy trying on stuff (not minding too much the fanboys going through the books around them). The t-shirts they sell are actually pretty cool. Pricey, but still cool enough that you'd probably be able to strike up a conversation or get a compliment with the designs they had on them.

nucleusview

Big store, huh?

nucleusviewtofront

Check out that neat refrigerator.

nucleusref

Closer view of the ref.

nucleusgallery

The entrance to the exhibit.

nucleusninja2

The lower-middle-framed-artwork's by Kazu called "Ninja in the Snow". I was liking the one to the left of that, "Bad Ass No. 1" by Albert Carranza.

nucleusninja1

nucleusninja3

The ninja-sculpture to the right was aptly named: "Digital Camera Ninja" and is by Chris Truax. One of my other favourites.

nucleusninja

Now you've gotta love that! ;-) "Heck Ninja" by miQ willmOtt.

More, better photos of the show thru Nucleus' site. :-)

Listening to: John Coltrane w/ Duke Ellington - In a Sentimental Mood



0 Comments:

Add a comment