Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Saturday, August 14, 2004

I've recently taken to following a local band: Stonefree. The barkada got to catch them in one of their gigs last week in Salo. Pretty good stuff they play, well most of what they played were covers, but their originals; I pretty much "dug". That was the first time I heard them play, and I'm looking forward to dropping by Salo over at QC again to catch them next next week (the 28th). One of their songs: "Listen" was/is (?) the theme-song for the Studio 23 show "Single". I was meaning to get a CD last week during the gig, kaso si Job (my youngest bro) didn't tell me na may benta palang ganun sa gig! Sorry, live-band-virgin ako eh. Pwe. Napapirma ko sana!! Hmmm..

Oh, and Iris has recently called herself a "bamboo-groupie-member". Whatever that is. Hmmm..Creepy ba dapat yun? Hmmm..Ewan, I bought her a Bamboo CD before we watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (which if you haven't been able to watch, is just too fucking good to have missed...Sayang!!), she practically drooled over the inlay-card while watching the movie. Hay. Ako talagang si kunsintidor at hindi seloso. Hehehe!
--

Fuck yeah. I'm a gamer, but I tend to shy away from fighting/beat-em-up games (my second brother Johann can kick ass, though). But this, I've got to play. Fight Club:The Game. How cool is that.
--
So I've recently read around blogs that M.Shyamalan’s The Village sucked. Hmm. Tae. I was expecting it to be pretty good pa naman, after watching the trailer kasi medyo nag-expect na ako. SO ayun. Hmm. Might just watch Collateral tomorrow. Or something. Maybe after Iris and I bring Tulip to the vet for a vaccine (for my friends who've been waiting for a nice picture of Tulip, I'll post one soon. Promise).
--
Yesterday, I was able to watch War Photographer. I've always dreamnt of being a photographer. I've always been facinated about the art of the "frame", though I am a bit camera-shy (I hate posing for pictures, but I love taking them). So ayun. After watching War Photographer, I've developed this better appreciation about the "art", and the risks these photographers take just to get the right picture at the right time. It's not about having the right lighting for the picture or the right people posing for you. It just boils down to having the BALLS to risk arm-and-limb, and sometimes just being a complete asshole to get the best shots. Think photographing a mother mourning a lost son, and just being in her face all the time. That takes a lot of guts if you ask me, plus a lot of PR probably. I got pretty surprised as the documentary's main character James Nachtwey was the photographer who took pictures which actually looked familiar to me already, pictures I've seen before but never got to know who shot it. Siya pala yun. Galing.
--
Oh yeah, the Mercedes Benz Mixed Tape #2 is out. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Add a comment