Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Thursday, July 08, 2004

I'm currently having this huge feeling of "dread". Really. I get attacks like this, often, most of the time the reasons behind these feelings are: deadlines, stress, a fight with someone, and sometimes "nothing". It sucks, the feeling, since I get butterflies in my tummy, I suddenly feel nauseous, I just feel weird. My hands are trembling right now, typing this.

I'm weird that way, sorry.

--

On to better things.

--

I'm a big fan of the show CSI. Lately though, I've found a "pattern" in their shows, no it's not the "routine-bulaga-close-ups" of evidence, it's not Grissom's trademark "cliche-ish proverb" everytime an episode starts, not even the "obligatory" Marg Helgenberger cleavage-shot.

It's this "pattern", rather, "habit"(?) of the casting-people to "cast" in actors and actresses who've once or twice appeared on a popular blockbuster, sometimes B-movie film. And more often than not, it's them (the popular blockbuster, somtimes B-movie film stars) who end up being the "killers", which IMO, shouldn't be that obvious (the killer's identity). Get my point?

Let me give tonight's episode as an example..

I won't go into details. But to start off, they cast Eddie Kaye Thomas who played Paul Finch on American Pie, and Maury Chaykin, who some people will remember to be the Kidnapper in one of the BMW Films Episodes, "Hire:The Hostage". The director tries to pass their characters roles as minor, it's common to spot them just assisting the CSI detectives in opening a door, doing an interview, etc. -- just parts which I think, essentially help build up the plot and "flow" of the episode's story. BUT if you know them, and spot them and say: "Hey..I know this guy from somewhere..", there you have it, whoever that character is, will eventually play a BIG role towards the end of an episode. Trust me. If they don't turn out to be the killer, they turn out to be the BIG witness..or something..

Going back to my example. I spotted Chaykin's and Thomas' faces instantly, and I again, went back to my theory...I nurtured the thought that I was wrong, really, but lo-and-behold! They turn out to be the "tandem" behind the "crime" perpetrated in the episode. Sorry for the "vague-explanation", as I really try to stay away from spoilers..

So there, that's my theory..When you spot a familiar face in a CSI episode. Chances are, he's either going to be the killer, the poor-victim who ultimately exacts revenge in the end, or hey, I might be wrong, he might just've needed the extra cash so he was casted-in as a "filler-of-sorts" in that episode..

0 Comments:

Add a comment