Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Iris' mom is having an operation on Thursday. She has, I think, "myoma" -- and her ovaries I think, need to be removed. I'm not familiar with the procedure, but my mom had her operation years ago and she's ok. So I think that's good to know. I think she's going to be confined at the Polymedic hospital, which I hope is better than most of the hospitals I've been to.

So there. I'll miss hanging out with her for a while, though.


//

I've been catching up on reading some of my books lately. Right now I'm reading "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay". I picked up the book after reading on Ramon's blog that it touched on the subject of "comics", which I love. I'm enjoying how the dialogues in the book were written, though some of the words have me reaching out for a dictionary sometimes (as some of the words are a bit too heavy for me, hehe) -- the whole experience of turning each page just makes me smile. I'm in the part where the main characters discuss about making a comic book, and I can't help but feel giddy about it, basically I turn into a fan-boy of sorts. Then I think about how most of the people today STILL see comics as a medium for kids, just for kids. Hay...Ewan, basta whoever think that was is just soo "missing out". I'd love to rant on and try to "debunk" the whole "stereotype-d" view about comics, but I'd rather reserve that for another post. So for now, go out and buy the book: "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay", it's worth every peso you're going to be shelling out for it...

//

I think the "bidet" is the most deadly device in the bathroom. Especially when the water pressure is too strong, MAN! What an experience. Soo be careful when you use it, if you have one! Haha!

//

I'm surprised that Quentin Tarantino is actually OK with the piracy of his Kill Bill movie in China. Oh tell that to Mel Gibson who sued three of his former employee's for allegedly making pirated copies of Passion. Hmmm, I don't know if it should be funny, but I think two of his employee's were Filipino..Hmmm...

//

Oh and you guys have to try the Wayback Machine over at the Internet Archive's website. Ever wonder how your site/blog looked like a few months or even years before? Check it out.

//

If I do get a good paying job, and eventually become so fucking-filthy rich in the future. My furniture will definitely come from these guys. Eat your heart out Ikea!

0 Comments:

Add a comment