Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Monday, May 03, 2004

I got into an argument with a Policeman while in traffic the other day. It was all just over me not giving him the chance to squeeze into my lane, he didn't deserve it anyway -- after his wild counter-flow tactic, I really didn't think he deserved it. The "cop", actually was dressed in civilian attire, went over to my side of the car and knocked on the window; after finally getting into the lane, but his position was directly behind me. I didn't pull down the windows, and this made him furious -- he was shouting every tagalog expletive word he could think of. It was a funny sight, really. What ticked me off was when he punched my window, then proceeded to punch the body of my car. Made me think about a Street Fighter bonus stage. I laughed everything off. After a few seconds or so, I went down and felt the part of my car he punched. Wasn't really much of a dent, thankfully, and after I got back into my car, he again went down and proceeded to head my way. This time I pulled down my window and listened to him mouth-off. He tells me why I was such an asshole, I tell him I'm not, it WAS actually my "right-of-way" so he didn't have any right insisting on moving into my lane. I ask him, why'd he have to punch my window, he tells me it's because I'm an asshole. I laugh. I tell him to show me the "badge" he was waving in front of my face a few minutes ago. He takes it out. And I laugh. I tell him what he expects me to do when he flashes it, he tells me I should've pulled down the window, I tell him, "Why, what exactly was my violation?". He ponders. I proceed on telling him that he shouldn't have punched my window, or my car. He asks me "Why?". I tell him "It's because a simple knock would've done the job". I laugh. He ponders. He then proceeds to get my hand and shake it, and for I think a full minute while I mouth off what expletives I've been keeping inside me all the time, he says "Sorry". It's funny how assholes are nowadays. I didn't bother getting his name or badge-number, he wasn't worth it, really. Although, if you do see a Mitsubishi Adventure with plate number XEN 661. Do puncture his tire, put a corn-cob in his exhaust pipe, or just proceed to go around his car with a piece of sharp rock scraping his paint-job. Thanks.

Soo..I found this to be really weird. Check it out.

Three of my friends celebrated their birthdays last Saturday. It was really a fun night, despite some flared-tempers which could've led to some fists thrown, I had a really great time. The wine-and-cheese were really good, a few of my friends got "wasted" by the Vodka, plus the hosts' older-brother had some San Miguel Pale Pilsen Beer in stock, my personal favourite. Daymmm..Although I felt kinda deprived being limited to the mixes I could do with my drinks (well, I really couldn't mix drinks, just take different drinks in different swigs). Everyone was having "vodka-with-cherries", the mudslider drinks, the mango rum got me interested but a friend told me it was sweet. Shit. Oh well. I was ok with the "buzz" olde-Pale Pilsen gave me. ;-)

Man on Fire was a blast to watch. I love how Tony Scott did his shots. He constantly yanked me out of the scene, and plunged me back into it with his almost dizzy-ing camera-angle-variations, for the lack of a better term. The subtitles, and how they were done (often fading in-and-out of a scene, or popping out on top, or at the right of the screen) were pretty good. It was my first time to see subtitles being used and done that way. I wish there could be cinemas which could display subtitles according to every viewers discretion, maybe by way of a special-pair of glasses perhaps? Hmmm..I'm a bit iffy with dialogue and, I find myself wanting to backtrack anytime I didn't fully understand or pick-up what characters say in a scene. Story-wise, the movie takes off from the lines of a "Revenge" film, which seem to be a "fad" in hollywood right now (Kill Bill, etc.). In the film, though, Denzel Washington serves out his platters of revenge in poetic-justice-style. Making every "killing", look and feel like a work of "art". Strange how I find it to be like that. I'm still thinking of things to say about the film, might update this post, or mention something about the film again, on another post. Just watch it! If you haven't...

0 Comments:

Add a comment