Just spreadin' the good karma.....

It's all about the good karma..

Friday, April 30, 2004

40 Peso night-out

Came from Greenbelt 3, and "hung-out" at Ice bar. This is one of the few times I agree on going to places like these. I'm cheap. Haha! Really, I'd rather settle for a night of drinking at a house, where at least I know more than half of the people I'm with actually drink to get drunk and have fun, and not get drunk to get fucked. Haha. I'm a bit "jaded" tonight, so bear with me.

So tonight was open-bar, free-flowing champagne, and some vodka mix (Ice bar primarily serves vodka-stuff), which I can't even remember. They served sprite with it, which I found too sweet for me, so I opted for tonic to be mixed in with the "vodka" instead. It was ok, the vodka, even if I'm not that much of a vodka-drinker. Never found the whole bitter-cough-syrup taste of it "appealing" or "fun", maybe it's an acquired taste of sorts. Aside from the vodka, they had "finger-food" (pulutan nang sosy, haha) which actually were good, even if they were free (I half-expected the "pulutan", being free, would've tasted like my brother's foot) -- the "pulutan" was sliced-toasted-bread with pesto, cheese and salsa(?) on top. Not exactly wine-and-cheese "match", but it sufficed for that break I needed in between vodka's.

So there..why was tonight a 40 peso night. Well, let's see: the drinks were free, the food too. So I just ended up paying for the parking! Haha! Cheap-o.

I miss going to Winstub, though. It's this hole-in-the-wall bar up in QC. Man you've gotta go there, when you feel that big hole in your wallet, 200 pesos can go a long way there. Trust me. Plus the "ambiance" is not your typical "hole-in-the-wall-bar". Steady lang...

Here's some info on vodka. Just so if you're curious. I've a stash of some really strong vodka my dad brought from one of his trips to Russia. Haven't really found anything as strong as that stuff. If I remember correctly, the brand of the vodka was: Peter the Great. Trust me, after a shot of that, you won't feel that great. I think the stuff could actually be used to clean wounds, and even be substituted for denatured alcohol used for food heaters. Haha.

For those aspiring, and who've always dreamt of making-and-working with video-games; you guys've gotta download and read this. That's why I'm fine with JUST playing games, and not making them.



That my friends, is a $10,000 kitchen-computer.

One of the first personal computers was the Honeywell Model 316 Kitchen Computer, sold way back in 1965. Its main purpose was to store recipes, it took two weeks to program, and it cost $10,000. I think it's target market was people with way more money than brains.

More on it, here.

Remember: Tomorrow's "Crime Night"(11PM) on Discovery, and if you're into cars, you're probably going to like "Rides"(8PM).

0 Comments:

Add a comment